In 2012, the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection approved a new sewage facilities plan (Act 537 Plan) for Robeson Township. This plan includes specific requirements for on-lot septic systems located in Robeson Township.
A new On-Lot Sewage Management Program has been established to help property owners meet the requirements of the new sewage facilities plan. Septic systems are now required to be pumped and inspected every three years. The Township has chosen to administer the program in house. The Robeson Township is responsible for the following:
- Track all on-lot systems in Robeson Township.
- Schedule all tanks to be pumped on a three year cycle.
- Mail pumping/inspection notifications and invoices to property owners.
- Coordinate pumping dates to allow for inspections as needed.
- Collect and file all pumping receipts.
Berks Envirotech, Inc. is responsible for the following:
- Prepare an annual report and submit to DEP.
- Provide information, education and assistance to property owners.
- Enforcement for noncompliance as needed.
We have prepared a booklet titled "Property Owners' On-Lot Sewage Management Program Guidance". The booklet contains important information about on-lot sewage disposal and property owners' responsibilities. You may find the booklet in the SMP Downloads links or click the title above. You will most likely find the answers you are seeking in the booklet and the provided links. If you can't find what you are looking for or if you have any questions or need assistance, please feel free to call or email us and we will respond in a timely manner. All of our contact information can be found on the Bio/Contact Us page of this site.